my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, March 22, 2009

One Week Closer

Today's Running Goal: 2.5 miles
Accomplished: 2.5 miles in 30:36
I had hopes of getting up this morning and doing some running outside, but I was just too tired to do that. Then I spent almost ten hours in Columbus visiting my family. Even though I got home and it was dark and windy and a storm was blowing up, I took my mom's dog and ran around her neighborhood for thirty minutes. Running with Hannah was a great addition to my routine. I averaged a 12:19 mile, which is pretty fast for me. I was more concerned at making sure she wasn't too tired, and that we weren't getting lost or entering an area that was too windy, so I hardly noticed the running. And although I was tired and hot when I finished, I might have been able to go further. I am excited to try the 2.5 miles again on Tuesday and attempting to run a 3 mile next weekend.

I managed to get through another week with seven hours of gym time. I have lost count of how many weeks in a row this is, but I think it's five weeks. I have been counting Yoga as an hour of working out though, and that isn't quite as intense as other workouts. Though I have to admit that I was a little sore from the Yoga workout again. This time it was my triceps and my upper back and a little bit in my calves. My mom was sore all order and Jennifer was apparently hardly able to walk. I do believe that it could be worth it to get up that early.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the 2.5 miles - and not a bad time either! You may become a runner yet! I'll be there to cheer you on.