my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, March 16, 2009

Challenge Week #3

I can't make the comparison between my scale in the morning and hardly any clothes, versus the gym professional scale in the evening in full gym attire. So comparing weigh-ins is out of the question. So since I am so confident (read: determined) to get to my goal weight by June, and thus flying by my challenge weight goal, I am going to continue to report what my scale says each Monday morning. Today I was down to 16 pounds! I think that is a three pound loss this week. Excellent. I have had a great couple of weeks, and I am getting a little nervous about it. I am becoming scared that it will plateau for the next five weeks or even worse, it will spike back up. I am finally headed in the right direction and I can't let that go.

I might begin a new running plan tomorrow. I found an 8 week to 8k plan online that I really like. However, I have been working on this goal for some time now, so I will be starting the plan on week three. That will leave time for me to get past the 8k and make it up to 10k. I think my race is about 10 weeks away. I just need to start seeing some improvement. I'll let you know more details tomorrow. I have the day off and it's going to be great weather; so trail: Here I come!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Good luck with the new goal! I'm still hardly walking and this cold is dragging me down. Hope your day off is a good one!

Anonymous said...

So I guess I need to actually start my part of the challenge now. I haven't done much, but 2 weeks are already gone, so I need to start something or I will lose again. Although not being able to make it to the gym at all for the last 2 1/2 weeks didn't help at all. But I will probably need to do more than just go to the classes Monday and Wednesday to not fail at the challenge - so I guess I'll have to work on that.