my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Determination Streak

I only slept four hours between Friday and Saturday, and then I worked all day. But I was determined to enjoy the sunshine and the later sunset by getting in some running. I wanted to run and walk down/through the park. It was much harder than I thought. It has been quite a long time since I have had to deal with the pounding of the sidewalk while I was running. Still I managed to run off an on for about an hour. I made it almost 4 miles with the walk from my house to the trial. Now I have one hour left of working out before this week wraps up. And I am determined to get that last hour in, even though I have to work from 11-8 today. But if I manage to log just one more hour today I will have accomplished seven hours of workout time for four weeks in a row. That would be a great stat.

I have eaten so healthy this week. I have been cooking meals at home and when I do eat out it's at places like Subway or Wendy's where I can get a light meal and I know exactly how many calories I am consuming. And the scale has been agreeing with me. It seems to go down a little more each day. These things combined make it a lot easier for me to keep going, even if I never get any better at running.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I'm sure it's much more motivating to keep working at this when you actually see results. Hopefully you won't hit a plateau for a while so your motivation will keep you going.