my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, March 2, 2009

The Challenge is On

What got me started on my weight loss journey? A weight-loss challenge. So what is going to get me to the end of it? Another weight-loss challenge. This round it will include me, Jennifer and Erin. We weighed in this evening at the gym. The challenge requires that we each lose 7% of our weight in the next three months. But I really want to lose more and make sure I am starting summer (June 1st) at my best weight ever. If we don't make it to our goal, we owe $30 and anyone who does make it to their goal gets to split it. If we all make it, then yay us! So I am taking this eating healthy thing really serious. I need to get back on track and get my 7% off in the next month or two, so the last month can be spent getting another 7% off! The game is on!

Tonight I tried to join Goodyear. They seem to think that my online bank won't work with their old-fashion methods of extracting funds. They let me join temporarily until they can try to get money from me. It's frustrating, but at least they are letting me in for free until they make it all work. Two good classes tonight. For some reason I thought that kickboxing was pretty easy. I hardly sweated at all, which might be because I didn't work hard enough or because the room wasn't as full as it has been. I have been keeping my weights high in class and I really feel good about it. Nothing is getting easier, but at least I am at a point where I don't need to go back down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you talked me into this again. Guess it's my chance to make my money back - if I don't fail again. Or an opportunity for you to steal my money again. It's been a while since the last time... I just don't know how to start - I better figure that out soon.