my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

No More Mediums

It has finally happened. It was a long process, it was difficult and I don't see it getting any easier in the near future. But there is absolutely no going back. I have made it out of the medium weights in BodyPower. I have managed to increase all of my weights to medium and smalls or larger. I managed to do it Monday, but wondered if it was just a fluke. But I managed to pull it off again this evening. And I am not going to allow myself to go back down. This is great for my upper-body because those are the places I have been working on increasing. Shoulders is probably the hardest, at least the last weight I increased. It's not as long as biceps though, which I have been working on for weeks and weeks now and still have to struggle to finish. Now I just need to work on becoming comfortable with these bigger weights. Not just on BodyPower days, but on the several days after when I can barely raise my arms.

Tomorrow should be my second running day, but I have a really busy day planned. It's my annual Teen Art Show, and my stress level is high. I have plans to watch the basketball tournaments after I get off of my eleven hour work day. Friday I am pretty busy too. I might have to sneak in my run on Saturday morning. I plan on going back for Yoga and had considered staying for the "Cardio Blast" class. But running might be more important right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that you are doing all these heavy weights AFTER kickboxing for 45 minutes. Sometimes I wonder how much weight I could do if I went sometime and didn't do the back-to-back classes. Like tonight, we did a bunch of pushups at the end of kickboxing and I could feel that when I tried to work those muscles in BodyPower. Anyway, good work on increasing everything.