my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Torture Device

Generally, at the end of Kickboxing we spend five minutes intently working some part of the body. It is usually abs, but sometimes if she thinks we didn't work our arms enough it's shoulders. Then every once and again it is our butts. I think we've only done this three times in the year I have taken Kickboxing and last night was killer. We lie down on mats and essentially do round-house and sidekicks for five straight minutes. My butt/hip/thigh area has never been in so much pain. Even worse, today it is still suffering. But it got me thinking: what if I did this every day? Would I have a shapely behind and hip region? And would it make me a better runner? Or more able to fit into pants? And even more important, could I force myself to work through the pain when I was alone in my house. I have very little self-control.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

You forgot how we then did big circles with our legs when we could barely keep them in the air anymore. It was brutal. I wouldn't be able to do it alone at home. I couldn't even keep doing it in the gym without a break, so there's no way I would go for more than like 10 seconds at home. But, I'm sure it would be good to do often - and probably something you would see measurable improvement fairly quickly.

Karrie said...

You mean in stamina or in size of my butt cheeks?

Jennifer said...

Well I meant stamina.... I don't know about anything else - I just think it would get easier, so I guess that means more muscles too.........