my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Seventy Hours

I skipped the gym on Friday because I wasn't feeling well and needed to take a nap after work. I skipped the gym on Saturday because I was sick and needed to sleep in until at least 11:00 and then I was too busy the rest of the day to make it there. I had meant to make it to the gym this afternoon some time, but again I was too sick to get out and about. So I just slept the day away in my house. I only made it to six hours of workout time this week, but that does make my total for the last seven weeks to be seventy hours. Which is quite an accomplishment.

Although I wasn't very hungry most of the day (blame the bad cold that I have) I only wanted to eat bad foods. For the most part I don't keep crap-food in my house so I won't be able to eat it. But somehow I managed to find chips, chocolate and peanut butter today. Luckily I accompanied it with meals of fruit and veggies left over from last night's dinner party. I am excited to see what the scale says tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should have a party for 100 hours of gym time in 10 weeks! Or maybe that will be too close to the party for completing your race. Anyway, good for you! I'm sure you wasted some calories scrounging for the crap food in your house, since it isn't readily available. At least you had healthy snacks ready to go as well. I'll have to pick up my share tonight before it's all gone.