my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Finally, I Made it Past Three

I had a busy Easter weekend. For some reason I got roped into cooking Easter dinner, and therefore was determined to make healthy options. I made a soup buffet: turkey chili, cooking light baked potato soup, and chicken noodle. My family was responsible for bringing appetizers and desserts. Unfortunately, the brought more desserts than I would have hoped for, and not ever very good ones at that! Anyway, I was busy all day yesterday cleaning and grocery shopping and dining out with work friends. Then busy all day today cleaning and cooking and entertaining my relatives. I went to Yoga on Saturday and stayed for 30 minutes of running. I even managed to make it to Gold's this evening to do more running. I accomplished seven hours of workouts again this week. The low weight I had managed to get to this week didn't stay around long and I don't really expect for it to be there at my weigh in tomorrow morning, especially after the Easter treats today.

Saturday's Running Goal: 2.5 miles
Accomplished: 2 miles in 26:45.
I ran out of time. Somehow I thought that I would be able to make it to Yoga and run over 30 minutes, plus the warm up and cool down, and be done by 9:45. But I was running late. It's all part of the time-warp that happens in a gym. So I had to cut my run short. I was on a very tight schedule. I had to be home by 10:00, so I could shower and be ready to meet Jennifer's family for reserving wedding things at 11:00. That's alright, I still got two miles run, albeit, very slowly. I hate the Goodyear gym, and I hate the women's fitness room even more!

Tonight's Running Goal: 3.5 miles (second try)
Accomplished: 3.5 miles 44:30
Thanks to Brandy and her bring-a-friend-even-on-holidays-when-other-gyms-are-closed gym, I got to workout after my family left this evening. I went in with low hopes and was pleasantly surprised. Brandy needed to run five miles, and I figured she could do that as fast as I could run three and a half. So I just kept running because she kept running. I told myself that it absolutely did NOT matter how fast I went. I just wanted to make it to the 3.5 mark. I didn't care if I was running slower than I could walk. But I did it. I averaged 12:41 miles, which is still a fine time. It actually was a very pleasant run. The gym was cool, I had a nice fan, and hardly any pain. I never even stopped for water. I feel so proud of myself! I can officially move on to week five now!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hooray for you!