my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, April 20, 2009

Six Weeks Away

My challenge is over in six weeks, and my scale has not moved since the second week. Six weeks wasted with this silly seventeen pounds that will not go away. I promised myself that I would be at fourteen by today, and I let myself down. Now I am going to starve myself. Well, not literally. But I am done allowing myself to eat snacks. I am going to eat protein bars for two meals certain days of the week. I will increase the intensity of my workouts and I will not eat out until I get to that fourteen pound mark. I have several obstacles to overcome this week: 1) the donuts that are sitting on the break room table 2) the all-staff training day Friday, where snacks are the only thing that get me through the eight hours of sitting still and we all go out to lunch as a group 3) the 7 year old birthday party I am going to on Saturday when I am certain cake will be served and 4) the dinner party I am invited to Saturday evening, although I am sure we will try to keep it healthy. Other than that, work should be low stress for me this week; I only have to work three days. The weather should be beautiful and cooperate with my outdoor runs. I am planting a garden with my mom on Tuesday, which eventually we encourage me to eat healthy veggies. Those three pounds WILL disappear this week. I'm done playing around.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yeah, I'm sucking up the challenge too - it's time I really start trying or decide to totally give up. So I'm going to kick it into high gear - see you in the am for a run before work!

BrandyGirl said...

I won't pressure you into cake this weekend...no worries. Besides, it's such a neat looking cake, I don't know if I'll be able to bring myself to even cut into it! If you do have cake, cuz what's a party without cake, I'll run with you sometime the next week!