my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Great Run

Today's Running Goal: 3 miles
Accomplished: 3 miles in 34:54 (11:38 miles)
I hate to be the one to say it, but I have become a running super-star. I was dreading tonight's run all day. Since I haven't run in a week I was worried I wouldn't be able to do all three miles. I still am not back to feeling 100% perfect. And I have been awake since 5:00 this morning because I am so stressed out about work. However, all the other conditions were perfect: the weather, Hannah's running attitude, the new road/trail we found to run on. I can't believe that I was able to run three miles and still had plenty of energy for more. Hannah on the other hand had given it everything she had. I think she'll have to be my "short run" running partner. Now I need to prepare for me 4.5 mile run this weekend, and come up with something to think about during those 55-ish minutes. Music really can't keep me occupied that long. I just wish that I had a running partner that could keep up with me, but who I wouldn't be holding back. And that could talk!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would be your partner if it wouldn't make me want to shoot myself. Besides, you've been training and stuff so you'd leave me in the dust. Good for you though - accomplishing your goals and finding ways to make running bearable.