my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Movement

Finally my scale went down this morning. I hit the blessed 15 pound mark. I have been at a stand-still for almost a month now (since March 16th) and finally I seem to be moving downward again. It is such a great feeling. Every morning for the last three weeks I get on the scale and hope and pray that it will move off of the 17 pound point. And always that scale just laughs at me. Sometimes it sticks out it's tongue by moving up a pound or two, but never down. I am so happy for this movement! If you remember right, this is the weight that is listed on my drivers license. I wrote a whole entry about it the very first time I hit this weight. Knowing that, I searched through my blog today to see just when that was. May 8th, 2008. Almost a full year I have wasted moving between 10 and 20 pounds. I am even more determined to let this be the last time I ever see that 15 pound number on my scale. From here on out, only lower digits! Now I just need to get through celebrating Shannon's birthday at a Pizza joint on Satruday, and that chocolate infused holiday of Easter.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I missed my chance for a timely congrats as a comment on your blog, but I did tell you in person. Anyway, it is probably really nice when your hard work pays off. I'm pretty sure I would get discouraged way more than you do - you're amazing!