my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Back At It

After taking five days off from working out to recuperate from this cold, I forced myself to go back tonight. I was about to bail because I wasn't feeling perfect yet and I was stressed out about work and all the things I have to get done with no time to do them. But I knew that Brandy and Jennifer were planning on getting to the gym tonight so I made myself go as well. And I felt much better afterward. That is not because I was completely soaking wet from the humidity and kick-ass workout we did. I was still sweating an hour after kickboxing was over. I hope they plan on turning on the air-conditioning soon. Sometimes I think the best cure for sickness is sweating it out. Other times I think sleep is the answer. Only having worked out two hours as of Wednesday is a little behind for me. So I am going to make myself get to the gym after work tomorrow, even though it's an eleven hour day. I don't have plans for Friday night yet either, so I think I will make sure working out is part of whatever they do end up being. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I will be able to do somethings outside. I am not sure what to do about my running this week. I'm thinking that I should do three miles tomorrow evening, but I don't want to do it inside. And I don't want to run alone in the dark. I wonder what Hannah is doing!?!

2 comments:

Jen said...

There is something about sweating that much during working out that just makes me feel better. I'm almost glad I'm a sweater because otherwise I would feel like I was never working out hard enough (and it helps when the room is stuffy and hot, you sweat more without even trying!).

Unknown said...

I think we should just turn on the AC next time, then we could turn it off after the 2 hours. Or we should suggest they get a dehumidifier or something - it's crazy humid in there. When I showered after I got home from the gym last night, my hair was so frizzy it felt disgusting - even the part that hadn't been sweat soaked next to my head. I think Marika would either be ok with it, or just "ignore" it because she thinks it's hot too.