my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, April 13, 2009

Back to Seventeen.

One pound is from the entire mini pizza I ate on Saturday evening, plus the garlic rolls, and the crust from Steph's pizza. The other pound must be the appetizers, three desserts, and two chocolate treats I had on Easter. Either way, those two measly pounds managed to creep back on, and I found myself right back at seventeen pounds like I have been for over a month now. There are no holidays this week. No celebrations. There are a few social events I plan on attending/hosting. I am dog sitting. But this is going to be the week that I weigh in at 15 pounds when it really counts. I am making a promise to myself. By next Monday I want to be down to 14 pounds, even if it means I go to bed hungry!

This week my running goals are: Tuesday: 2.5miles (with Hannah during my day off); Thursday: 2miles (with Hannah before work); Saturday/Sunday: 4miles (with help from God!). I am feeling pretty good about my running right now though. I have eight weeks (from last Saturday) until the Havelock 10k. I am on week five of a ten week plan. Now that I have made it past 3.5 miles I feel like everything is downhill from here. I am getting closer to the six mile mark every day! And because I have plenty of time to build up the endurance, I could even re-do three of the weeks if I was having trouble. But I won't be, because I am becoming a runner now!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It's ok - you have now seen a lower weight, which is more than you can say for a long time. Once you see the weight, it isn't long before it is more permanent.... at least that makes sense logically. I don't know much about weight loss - maybe it defies logic. Anyway, I still think it is a good sign you have seen a lower weight, even though it didn't stick around.