my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, April 27, 2009

Five Weeks Away

I had a great week. I was down four pounds this morning. Placing me at 13 left to go. I am getting fairly close to my challenge goal weight (probably only have a few pounds left) and am feeling good with the five weeks I have left. As long as the scale keeps heading in the right direction, doesn't decide to turn around or stand still for the next five weeks I should be okay. But what I would truly love is to be at my goal weight by June 1st. That's only five weeks away and I still have 13 pounds to go, so I am pretty sure that it's not going to happen. And I realize that it is not a healthy goal. But if I could be within just a few pounds of it, that would make me happy too. I am most worried that this huge loss this week is due to my cold and the lack of nutrients I have taken in in the last few days and even a loss of muscle mass. But then I think of the incredible weight of my head and all the snot that must be stuck up there, and I think, I could be down another two pounds if that would just drain out. (Sorry, that was pretty gross, but I am just so tired of being sick.)

I think that I am skipping the gym this evening to attend three soccer games of various children in my life. It falls on a good day, since I am in no condition to do any heavy cardio. However, with this dreary weather, the games could be cancelled and I can't afford to miss too much gym time. Perhaps I would make it just for weight lifting. I have tomorrow off from work, but am not sure if I will be able to run or not. Please cold, just go away!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If the games are cancelled we should go to the gym - even if you're not up for kickboxing, we could do something on a treadmill or bike or whatever you could handle.

Here's hoping the scale continues to cooperate with you - even if it means I don't get your $30.

Karrie said...

I agree. I could do some walking on the treadmill and we could go to BodyPower. Although I feel like this entire day at work is a workout. When will they let us know about the games?