my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Food and Running

Today's Running Goal: 2 miles
Accomplished: 2 miles in 22:54 (11:27 miles)
I had plans to run in the morning and they got pushed back with the enticing offer of coffee and bagels. I did go to Yoga bright and early with my mom and then had to go to work for an hour or so to get stuff done I can't accomplish in my other forty hours there a week. Then yesterday afternoon I had another work commitment that was very stressful and involved me eating a piece of pizza and two handfuls of M&Ms. So when that was all over, I made myself run those two miles I was procrastinating doing. It was the sunniest part of the day and there seemed to be no wind, even though most people probably thought that the weather was beautiful. It was difficult run, because I ran down to the park and back with is just full of steep hills. So my 11-minute-miles were raised just slightly. But doing it is all that really mattered.

Then I went to bookgroup later in the evening and ate two pieces of dessert pizza, several crackers, some cheese and even some cookies. What am I doing? Eating like crap so that the runs don't even matter!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought you always wanted to exercise so you could eat whatever crap you wanted - so isn't that what you're doing? I wouldn't beat yourself up too much, after all you do run/workout a lot of hours each week, so you deserve a treat every once in a while. Besides, I'm sure you had less than you would've if you hadn't been thinking about it.