my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

One Week Away

As of last Thursday I was at my challenge finale weight! Then I had a crazy weekend, out of my routine, filled with cookies and brownies and chips. I tried to eat healthy and I kept working out, but my scale wasn't happy with me this morning. First, it showed me at 11.5 pounds (2 pounds away). Then it jumped up to 12 pounds. I went about my morning and went and checked later to find it reading 13 pounds! I'm going to go with the best reading and say I weighed in at 11.5. Sure that's a 1.5 pound loss from last Monday. But it isn't what I need. Now I have six days to get it down two pounds. I think I can do it though. I am a tough competitor!

What I am most excited about is the fact that this weekend I began running for fun, or for exercise rather than beating my time or distance. As of Saturday afternoon I already had eight hours of workout time logged. But Sunday morning I knew that Hannah and I had a long car ride ahead of us, so we went out and ran two miles (just for fun!). I wasn't worried about speed or distance, we just ran around the neighborhood until she was worn out. Then Monday morning we were at my dad's house and I wanted to try running along the Platte River again. So we went out for a 2.5 mile run down through a beautiful park and back. Sure, I had my Ipod telling me how far/fast/long I was going, but I wasn't concerned with that. I was interested in checking out the scenery and wearing out my dog, and eating another brownie! Isn't that what exercise should be about?

It's going to be a long tough week. I have tons of things going on. I am done dog-sitting, but now my grandma is in town dog-sitting, so I have moved on to Grandma-sitting. It will be hard to get seven hours of workouts in, and this is the time I need them more than ever. I will just have to make myself get up early and get more done with my day. When I can't sleep anyway, I might as well be burning calories.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, the family commitments are difficult. I had a vacation, wedding, and another wedding this weekend. Even if I skip the cake, it's still a big social meal situation. I just wish I could have more meals at home these days, but that doesn't seem to happen ever lately.