my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Erin Hit a Mile

Tonight I talked Erin into running at the Northeast Highschool Track. She worked until 8:00, so we met there after that. Our plan was something along the lines of me running the whole time, and her taking turns between running with me and walking. But after she started and ran at my pace she found she could keep going. I am sure this is a combination of running outside vs. inside and running slower. I have read in so many running books and magazines that the number one mistake new runners make is running too fast. Running too fast tires you out and then you have to stop. Unfortunately I didn't last the entire three miles I had wanted to run. I did two miles (broken into two segments) with an average pace of 11:48. On top of that we walked around the track. We got a good workout in: almost an hour and probably about 4 miles total. I am proud of Erin for meeting me and pushing herself. Even though "Meredith thought she was crazy". Plus we got to complain about work. And that really gets us going!

My weight was down two pounds this morning; back to my pre-weekend weight. I had another good eating day and am hoping that it will creep down to the 10 pound mark tomorrow or Thursday morning. Please let me see it. I need the motivation!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go on the group workout. I still say I will try a track workout, the only problem is I don't seem to be free ever anymore. One of these days.....