my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, May 4, 2009

Four Weeks Away

I am pretty angry with myself today. I gained a pound this week, putting back up to 14 pounds. I was worried last week that the loss was due to my sickness, so my only goal was to maintain my 13 pound status. Then as the week went on I lost two more pounds. I was down to 11 (my all time low) on Friday. But I was reckless this weekend. I ate pizza twice (one slice each time). I ate at a salad bar twice, which can never be calorie-counted. I ate M&Ms and two pieces of dessert pizza. Why? On the other hand I worked out a lot since Friday, so maybe I gained some of my muscles back. Here's the thing though, I shouldn't have to run more than five miles in order to eat a slice of pizza and M&Ms. How many would I have to do? Ten? My goal for next week is 11 pounds. I know that will be hard because I am going out for Margaritas on Tuesday for Cinco de Mayo. I just have to make sure and have a good week otherwise!

Other than that, Kickboxing and BodyPower were pretty good tonight. I feel like I burned a lot of calories and worked lots of muscles. Then I came home and ate six pieces of bacon, because it was about to go bad and needed to be cooked and was too expensive to be thrown away. Turns out bacon is only 60 calories a slice, so it wasn't that bad of meal. It has protein to help me refresh my muscles and a whole bunch of fat that will clog my arteries. Tomorrow I will run three miles!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry I couldn't stay for Pump - but I am glad to report that our mission to turn on the A/C was a success! I don't know if it was only my mission, or if others wanted it accomplished too, but I made it a point to have Karrie suggest that we turn it on - I made her do it since I like to stay anonymous in gym classes. Anyway, I can't wait to see if they're still on today when we go to class, or if we have to turn them on again.