my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Not Fast Enough

Today's Running Goal: One mile fast
Accomplished: One mile in 10:08
Damn that eight seconds. I was able to run outside this time, but I was running into a pretty strong wind half the time. I always have an excuse don't I? There was some uphills and some downhill sand a three second break at a stop light (I hit pause). I guess I have room for improvement, but I really thought that I would be able to run a mile in ten minutes. Knowing that I don't have to run any more than that should get me there a lot faster, but it turns out my legs and lungs just won't let me go that fast.

I'm worried that I ruined a perfect eating weekend tonight. Jennifer called at the last minute and invited me over for dinner. Well I had already eaten quite a few calories for the day and was planning my short run and then a light snack. But I wanted to spend some time with her on her birthday. So I made sure to get my run in and then headed over to her house to join them for dinner. I didn't do too horribly; I ate a light salad and just a few bites of steak. But I had three glasses of wine, some bread and four mini-peanut butter cups. Oh, I didn't mention that I had to go to a pancake feed for breakfast (at my mom's church). I ate three pancakes but had light syrup. Hopefully I can be down a few pounds tomorrow morning. I did so well the rest of the week!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Weekends seem to be my downfall lately too. I do really well during the week, eating sensibly, but the weekend comes and I just go a little crazy. I'm really going to have to control myself in the next two weeks, if I'm going to have any chance of making my goal.

I'm really impressed that you ran a mile in ten minutes! I knew you could do it.

BrandyGirl said...

I managed to skip the breakfast at church and went for a run in that wind you were talking about it. I can verify that it wasn't easy!