my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Record Low

It's official, I have hit an all time low. And it is so exciting. I finally made it down to the ten pound mark today. I have never been this low, except maybe in like 8th grade! I am so proud of myself. I am down to the last ten pounds. Unfortunately I would like to pick the places that those ten pounds come off of and that's not exactly how it works. Four pounds from my hip/butt area, and three pounds from each leg. My biggest fear is: what if I get down to my goal weight and it's not enough. What if I am still not a size 10? What if I am still not skinny? Thoughts for another day. Today, it's all about celebrating (healthfully), going to the gym for two hours, building major muscles, de-stressing from a crazy work day, and being proud of myself. I would love to lose one more pound by Monday's weigh in. That would ensure my victory in the Challenge. But I would be happy with maintaining this low weight, and worrying about the one pound next week!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Go, Karrie, go!

Erin said...

Good for you, Karrie! I know you can lose those last ten pounds. Way to go!

Unknown said...

Look at how far you've come! It's been a long journey, but now you can see the finish line. I wouldn't worry about your goal not being enough, you're a superstar no matter what. And if you aren't happy with something at your end, you can always decide what to do. Just don't go crazy - my job is to make sure you don't turn into a crazy workout anorexic or something and so far you're doing great. Maybe you just need to give yourself some time to get used to what you look like at your goal weight and forget what your mind said you would look like.