my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Could it Be?

This morning my scale was still showing 11 pounds to lose (or about 1.5 left for the challenge) but when I got to the gym this evening and did an official weigh-in with the official scale in the official clothes, I was .25 pounds lower than I need to be next Monday. Could it be? Have I actually reached my challenge goal? And will I be able to keep it there until next Monday?

I had an extremely exhausting day, although I am not entirely sure why. I only worked seven hours, but I got so much done, including training a bunch of rowdy middle-schoolers. By the time it was over and I dragged myself to the gym (because I was meeting Erin) I absolutely did not want to go to kickboxing. Still, I made myself power-through by telling myself that I could leave in the middle if my legs did indeed collapse as I thought they might. But alas, Mary's class is not nearly as difficult as Marika's and I made it through the whole thing. Then a little weight-lifting got me right back on track. My grandma made me a nice fattening dinner tonight, which I tried to make healthy by eating a big salad and lots of fruits. Tomorrow is another busy day at work, in which I am working 10 hours and have yet to decide it I will make myself get to the gym after that. When will this week be over?

3 comments:

Jen said...

I think I'm confused as to what your goal weight loss is for the challenge and for you personally. In this post you said 11 pounds to go (an all time low) but in another post last week you were at 10 pounds? Either way, great work! And thanks for directing me to Petsmart last night, where we ended up spending more money than we did on the dog!

Karrie said...

Yeah it's a little confusing, because my scale doesn't match the gym scale. As of this morning (and yesterday) I had 11 pounds to go. That is 1 pound up from last week when I was at my all time low of 10 pounds to go.

However, for the challenge I only needed to lose a certain percentage of my current body weight (which was 13 pounds). I thought that I needed to be down to 9-10 pounds (on my scale) to meet that goal at the gym scale. But as I stated, my scale was showing 11 yesterday, and yet the gym scale seemed to be lower than needed. No wonder you're confused... it makes no sense.

Can't wait to see that puppy!

Unknown said...

Way to go! I'm getting ready to hand over some cash since you've reached your goal. Mine seems to be impossible, or at least with everything I have going on at the end. I'd be very surprised if I meet my goal at this point, but I'm happy to have helped motivate you.