my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Six More Miles

Today's Running Goal: 6 miles
Accomplished: 6 miles in 1:08 (or maybe 1:12)
I had IPod failure. I met Brandy at the trail at 8:00 this morning. I made sure to get up at 7:15 so that I was wide awake when I started running. But as soon as I tried to turn on my IPod, it was dead, or broken. So all we had to measure our time was her phone. We seemed to be keeping a 12-minute-mile pace most of the way through. We did increase the pace on the last mile or so and were running pretty quickly (for me) on the last lap or so. Her phone said we were only gone 1:08 minutes which seems wrong to me since we were on pace most of the run. So I am a little worried that I had us turn around too soon. Last time I ran that same trail, I ran MORE than three miles out, so that I would finish before the trail was over, at the beginning. So honestly, I am not 100% sure where the three mile turn-around should have been. Close enough though. And I am thankful for Brandy and the fact that she was willing to slow down and help me out on my run this morning. My legs were getting really sore at the 4 mile mark, but I just kept going. They're still a little sore as well.

After a little bit of a break, I got to attend Ann's new Saturday morning BodyPower class. It is so exciting to be able to take three classes in a week. I feel like I will finally be able to get my arms in perfect shape. This also ensures me being able to get to the gym for seven hours a week. It was a little odd since it was so late in the morning, but it worked out perfectly with running in the morning.

I did a wonderful job of eating healthy at Jennifer's birthday party. I found a great new Lazlo's entree that was grilled shrimp on a bed of rice. It was definitely low in calories and delicious. I allowed myself to eat the excellent Lazlo's fries, which is where the majority of my calories came from. I did splurge on a few slices of bread, three bites of Chocolate Decadence, and one drink afterward. But overall, so much better than I could have allowed myself to eat. Along with a boring Saturday filled with two hours of workout time, my scale should be happy tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, sharing a birthday dessert is the way to go. I could never eat that entire thing myself, but this way everyone gets a taste of its greatness.

You're already ready for your race, isn't it a good feeling knowing you would be able to do it if the race were today, and it isn't for another few weeks. Great work!