my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Fast Little Run

Today's Running Goal: 1 mile as fast as possible
Accomplished: 1 mile in 10:40
This is six seconds better than my all-time fastest mile. Unfortunately I had to do it at the gym. I worked until 8:00 and even though it is light then, I wanted to make sure and get 30 minutes of working out done, and it would have been dark by the time I got done with that. My goal was to see how fast I could run one mile now that I am capable of running so many more. I really thought that it would be faster. So I want to try it again outside. I do feel like recently I have let my shorter runs slide, and this is not the time to let that happen. But it took me so many days to recover from the six mile run, and those classes really get in the way of my running. Luckily, Brandy has agreed to run with me Saturday morning for six miles. My goal is to increase my time by two minutes (1:14). Maybe Sunday I will be able to attempt running another fast mile. But I doubt it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

remember how I said I'd be game for a one mile run - I think I could do about a 10 minute mile, especially if I knew we had a goal and if you were running it with me. Or maybe I would fail miserably and be reminded once again that I'm not destined to be a runner. I guess I'm just saying I'd give it a shot sometime.

Karrie said...

I almost called you this morning to see if you wanted to go out and run a little somewhere. But then I thought that it was raining. And I went back to sleep. If it wasn't your birthday Sunday I would suggest we get up and do it before you go to church. But that's only the kind of thing I like to do on my birthday.