my journey to becoming a runner

Friday, May 15, 2009

Hungry all the Time

Lately I have been starving all of the time. A strange phenomenon has begun happening to me. I eat meals that I am used to eating: special k bars, lean cuisine meals, subway turkey sandwiches, etc, things that used to fill me up for several hours. But now, I am hungry an hour or two later. And not just like I want to have a snack, but I want to eat a whole meal. And not just right after I do a long run but all the time. And not just like I might be wanting to eat something yummy that was left it the break room, but actual hunger: my stomach is growling. Loud enough that I have to apologize for it. I have tried drinking a lot more water, hoping that would fill me up. Maybe I need more protein, or fiber, or something.

I have been pretty happy with the numbers I have been seeing on the scale this week. It has been around the 11 and 12 mark all week. This inspires me and I am hoping if I can keep it up for the weekend it can get to the 10 pound mark for Monday. I have never (ever) been that low and can't wait for it to happen (just once). I am planning my eating well this weekend. I have to (I mean get to) celebrate Jennifer's birthday this evening, so I am eating a light lunch filled with lots of fruits and vegetables. Then I will select a healthy option (chicken) at the restaurant and limit myself to one drink afterward. There won't be a cake (as far as I know, I wasn't supposed to bring it was I?) so I won't be tempted by that. And as Jillian Michaels tells me, I have to indulge once in a while! But not so much if I am on my way to a record breaking weight!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think we need cake - after all there will probably be a dessert to share at the restaurant. A few bites of that will be plenty. I don't know about the hunger - maybe you're just so active that you get hungry faster than you used to. 7 hours at the gym each week has to do something to you. I'd suggest having healthy snacks high in either protein or fiber at work to stave off the growling.

Karrie said...

It's just hard to schedule snacks between my 9:30 breakfast and my 11:45 lunch.