my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, May 11, 2009

Three Weeks Away

Just an average week, not great, not bad. I lost a pound which puts me back down to 13 pounds. My lofty goal was to be at 11 this week. So I am revamping my goal for this next week. I want to be at 10 pounds by next Monday. It is so difficult when I have a week without routine events. Last week I did three school visits, which generally means that I am up earlier, tired all day, giving presentations for at least three hours a day, working 12 hour days or split shifts. And recently I have been hungry all the time. Twice this week I ate my normal breakfast bar, that usually keeps me full for three to four hours. But after I ate it I was hungry again in two hours, it was as if I hadn't eaten breakfast. On Saturday I ate a frozen lunch that I eat often. Usually that meal is all I have to have to fill me up until dinner, but this time I had to eat yogurt along with the meal and then was hungry for more when my break came around. Why am I hungry all the time right now? I haven't been working out more this week. Anyway, I am going to the store today so I can get some healthy fruit and veggies for when I am in need of a snack. Summer is just three weeks away. I need to get serious about this!

I only worked out six hours this week. Somehow I was busier on Mother's day than I thought I would be, and ended up not getting home until 8:00 at night.. By that time the gym was closed and it was getting dark outside. Good thing I got my six mile run done on Saturday. I suppose my body needed a day off. It was so sore yesterday from that long run. I had to take some Tylenol just to get up and ready for the day. As I moved around more it wasn't too bad. But my calves and knees reminded me of my great accomplishment with every step.

This week I have to get past Jennifer's birthday party, but besides that things should be pretty normal. I also get to take three BodyPower classes for the first time in a long time. We'll see how I am feeling after that. I need to find someone who will run six miles with me next weekend. I'm going to see if Brandy would be willing to waste an hour of her time to run at my speed. If anyone else is interested, let me know!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah - sometimes a day off is probably the best thing for you. Anyway, good work on your goals - June 1 is coming up fast. Hopefully we can all succeed! I'll try not to make my birthday too unhealthy - although that is really up to you and what you decide to order.