my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Take Two

Today's Second Running Goal: 2 more miles
Accomplished: 2 miles in 23:30 (11:45 miles)
Well after a little rest this afternoon I got back out there. I felt a lot better the second time around and mentally it was a lot easier to go for just two miles than the three I had to do earlier. I also used the trail instead of the sidewalk and I listen to my normal running playlist instead of mixing it up which I had tried to do this morning. I told myself that for every mile I ran this afternoon I could have a margarita. So I stopped at two that means I will only be allowed to have two margaritas. That's okay though because I probably couldn't drive with three. Oh also, I told myself that I could wear my new running shoes tonight if I went out for the second trip. I understand that running three miles broken up doesn't work on my stamina, but it still equals the same calorie burn, which is what my true goal of the day was.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to push through and accomplish your goals! Maybe I'm just not very good at bribing myself... I should work on that, who knows what I could accomplish.

Jen said...

Where have you been? Was Cinco de Mayo too much for you?!

Karrie said...

I know... I have been too busy at work to update, and then too tired when I am home. Let me get right to that! I hate to disappoint my fans.