my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Long Rough Weekend

I have had two days off and I feel like I have worked harder than an entire week at work. I am absolutely exhausted. I haven't been sleeping well at all. Last night I got a total of 3 hours. The night before I might have got 5 if I was lucky. And on top of no sleep I have been doing tons of stuff. I had a garage sale, a BBQ, got my hair cut, grandma/dog-sat, donated blood, ran three miles with Hannah, took a BodyPower class, went to a work party, and cleaned my house. Still I have managed to keep my weight low. I haven't got a lot of workout time logged this week, but my weight has stayed below challenge level. In fact this morning I was 2 pounds below according to the gym-scale. After a relatively healthy day tomorrow and a normal Monday routine, I am sure I will weigh-in perfectly!

Tomorrow I have another busy day: The Summer Reading Kick-Off Party, the busiest day of the library year. But before all that I am going to attempt the seven mile run I have been wanting to get in. You might ask yourself why I would schedule these things back to back. And the answer is: I'm crazy. But really I thrive on a jam-packed schedule. If I had all the time in the world, I wouldn't get anything done. Which is why I am pumped for my race which is one week from today, in which I will work the next six days, and be so busy at work that I never sit down. Gotta love the summer!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good work on everything you've accomplished. I need a day or two like that. I did get quite a bit done in about an hour last night, but I need to spend many more hours before I will be caught up on everything I need to do. Having 3+ softball games per week in small towns is getting me even farther behing than I was before.