my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, May 18, 2009

Two Weeks Away

I did so well this week. I made such good choices. I celebrate wisely. I spent most of the weekend alone, eating fruits and vegetables. I worked out seven hours. Yet, this morning I was still at 13 pounds. STUCK. There are only two weeks left of my challenge and I am probably 3-4 pounds away from being where I said I would be. I forget what happens if none of us make our goal. The thing is, it was completely do-able. And now I have come down to the wire. The next two weeks aren't going to be easy either (it never is, is it?). I am dog sitting for five days this week (Thursday - Monday). I am going to my dad's house two days next weekend. I am having a BBQ a week from Friday to celebrate summer. I have a work party next weekend as well. I need to make this week excellent, so that the final week isn't so intense.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I know, I'm stuck too and it should have been do-able. Plus I have a trip to my cousin's wedding with my family, another cousin's wedding, and too many softball games and work committments to even make it to the gym very much. Although nobody can argue that you've put the most effort into this venture.

I don't know what we said happens if nobody meets their goal, but since we're ending close maybe we should just extend the end of the challenge 2 weeks or a month or something. I don't know, I don't think we planned for this, thinking we would be successful - or at least one of us would.

Erin said...

I second Jennifer's suggestion that we extend the deadline by a couple weeks. We're all so close, it would be a shame to not reach our goals.

Karrie said...

Wait, you all are assuming that I am not going to make it. I am still determined to lose these last three pounds. I will do the Special K diet again. It WILL happen. So you all better step up your game if you want a piece of the action! (That was my tough game-talk!) Then later, if we all fail, we can decide the repercussions.

Unknown said...

I wasn't talking like we would all fail. I know you'll make it happen - you always do.