my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, May 24, 2008

One Mile = Fast

Running Goal: Run one mile in 11:20 (a 5.3 pace)
What I did: Ran one mile in 11:10
Ease/Difficulties: Very Difficult. I had to take two ten-second breaks to get a drink of water. I finished faster than I had planned because I sprinted the last minute hoping it would end sooner. Most of the time I was saying to myself: what were you thinking? You can't run this fast. But now that I am done, it's a great feeling. Next week's 11:06 pace will be manageable. Besides, I did today's run after taking BodyPump, where I had already worked my legs to exhaustion! The Nike Plus website hasn't been working for me the last three times I tried it. I sure would like to chart my runs, now that I am doing them again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I can never seem to get past the voice in my head saying, 'what are you doing? You don't like to run. You don't have to run anymore.' A few times of that and I quit. I guess that's the difference between me and you.