my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Bad Sleep Patterns

For the last week or so I have been sleeping terribly. Most nights I have trouble falling asleep. Other nights I am so exhausted that I pass out, but wake up a few hours later and can't get back to sleep. I know it is stress from work. Friday was the big Kick-Off party for Summer Reading. That threw me off all week. Then this morning I had to be up at 5:00am to get ready and take Jennifer to the airport up in Omaha. Later this morning I had a family brunch in Omaha. Finally when I got home around 4:00 this afternoon I laid down for a little nap, after all, the stress in my life should finally all be over. Needless to say, I woke up five hours later. A five hour nap? Obviously my body needed it, but now it's 11:30pm and I am not sure that I will be able to go to sleep again soon. I have really thrown off my sleep patterns. And I didn't make it to the gym this afternoon as I had planned. Tomorrow I will start well rested and stress-free.

I was sort of excited about my family brunch this morning. It was at a swanky hotel that my rich great aunt and uncle had rented out, so I thought that it would be all glamorous. I imagined large bowls of fruit and pastries. Turns out it was just eggs and bacon and hash browns, nothing healthy to choose from. I did get to try a Mimosa (champagne and OJ). I have always wanted to try one, but it was nothing special.

No comments: