my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

100th Blog Entry

Combat seemed a little better last night. I am not sure why that is. Perhaps I am finally getting the hang of it, or maybe it's because I was in the back row and could see more people, or it could be that there were 3 new people in class and for once I wasn't the worst looking combater. I hate looking dumb; for the most part I avoid anything in my life that makes me look and/or feel stupid. But part of my fear of looking dumb is my obsession with my gay and/or married instructor. As if my excelling at punching will make him become straight and/or divorced. How immature it makes me feel to even care what he thinks. Somehow I am always lined up so he can see everything I do. I wish someone else taught that class. I need to grow up and get over that fear right away.

I am off of work at noon today. I plan on getting to the gym an hour before BodyPump so I can get some cardio done. If it wasn't a dreary, rainy day I might try to workout outside. I also plan on taking a nap because getting up at 6am wears me out for the rest of the day. My Self Challenge ends this week. I have lost about 14 pounds in the 12 week program. I don't know what I will do without the excellent log that comes with it. I have been looking on the internet for other online food journals, but they don't seem as simple. I don't want one where I have to enter fat, protein, fiber, etc. All I need to know is calories in/calories out. But I know that I want to have an online version. I love being able to update it at work, after lunch, after a snack. I also like the neat graphics that the computer will do for you. Seeing a chart of my weight loss is way cooler than just writing it down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how you call him gay and/or married. That first part made me laugh. I have to ask, would you want to take combat at all if it was only led by Mary? She's not as good as he is. And hey, at least you're doing it!

You could come up with a way to add your food and exercise log to this blog - or somehow as a link to this blog. I just don't know much about setting something like that up - it seems pretty hard. But if you got it how you liked it, you could use it forever.

Anonymous said...

Nobody wants to read about what I eat everyday... and I might not really want people to see that. I might not be as honest if I had to let everyone know I ate 6 oreos!

Anonymous said...

6 oreos actually shows a lot of control cause really, who couldn't eat like 1/2 of the package?