my journey to becoming a runner

Friday, May 2, 2008

Impressive

I made it to 6am BodyPump. I wasn't meeting anyone. I had to get myself there alone, in the pouring rain, and the dark morning. But this was the only way I was going to make it to BodyPump three times this week. (It turns out that the person I am working with tomorrow said I could come in after BodyPump, so I just have to take a couple hours of vacation.) So I made it this morning. Pretty impressive! And I stayed after for 30 minutes of walking. There was hardly anyone at the gym this morning; the pouring rain must have kept a lot of people home in bed. But I am always impressed by the people who are there. They only way I can make it is knowing that I can go home and sleep some more. These people probably all have 8-5 jobs and have to work a full day after getting up at 5:30am. Or they have no jobs and are all homeless, and find a gym membership allows them free cable, shelter and a shower. Ya never know! After my class tomorrow morning I will have all seven hours done.

Tonight I am trying a new restaurant with some friends: Magnolia. I hear they have some good home-cooking type meals, and they are also supposed to have great vegetarian options (good for my friend Steph). I hope that I can find something deliciously healthy. I spent my afternoon, after a three hour nap this morning, shopping at the mall. I hadn't meant to spend so much time there. Nor had I meant to spend so much money. But I got some great summer shirts. If only the weather would warm up once and for all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

way to go on the gym! I can't believe you did it, I never could. I have trouble getting to work before 10 most days. And then I want to leave early - like today. I worked a total of 3 hours once I met you for lunch and decided I didn't need to go back to work. That's bad - at least I don't do it too often. Anyway, my point was 'way to go Dave!'