my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Licensed to Drive

I have had a really good week so far. Somehow my scale has been falling every day. I have hit the 15 pound point in which I am going to let myself eat out again. However, I am still going to keep my commitment for the rest of this week. I don't know how or why the pounds just evaporated these last four days, but I sure am glad they did. Generally Thursday is my lowest weight of the week, and then it shoots up over the weekend. I am going to try really hard to ensure that does not happen. I am super-excited about hitting 15 pounds. It's not just that I can see the end. But, for the first time in my life: I weigh what it says on my drivers licence! Now let's admit it ladies, none of us put our real weight on our license. So when I was 16 years old (and got my first license) I lied by about 10 pounds. And then, I never changed anything. Technically, I am a half pound lower than what my license says. How many of you can say that? I think I will reward myself with a new license (and picture!) when I make it to my final weight. And I will again knock about 5-10 pounds off of my actual weight... because that's just what we do!

It is a beautiful spring day here. I took a couple of hours of vacation this morning, so I don't have to go in until 5:00ish. I went for a run/walk down through the park again. This time I forgot to wear my Nike Chip, so I don't know how fast I was going. But I made it about the same distance as before (around 4 miles). I was gone about 50 minutes according to the clock at Walgreen's. Seeing the scale move makes it so much easier for me to eat healthy and workout hard. I know it's all paying off. For example: whenever I feel that pain in my ovary or get a side cramp I just tell myself that is the feeling of fat burning. And knowing that my lower abdomen is burning fat, allows me to keep pushing myself. It will also make it easier for me to skip the ice cream sundaes at tonight's book group meeting, the cake at the graduation I am going to tomorrow evening, and the pie my uncle is making for mother's day. Think how skinny I could be by Monday, if I can just do that. On a related note: Tuesday I did an excellent job of skipping a whole bunch of donuts, donut holes and cinnamon roles that some evil person left in the break room. And look it paid off. I could have had one, but then I wouldn't be weighing less then my driver's license. And that feels way better than the taste of ooey-gooey cinnamon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job! I'd just be careful with the pains... if something is really wrong sometime I don't just want to see that you imagined it was fat burning off and then practically died. Sometimes pain is a way your body can tell you to slow down. I think you're doing great, and I'm sure getting through a sideache or something like that is perfectly normal and probably necessary. I just hope you're ability to ignore pains doesn't get you in trouble sometime.

Way to go for the week! I promise I won't make you eat badly this weekend.