my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, May 12, 2008

3 weeks till Summer

Overall, I had a really good week. I am down 4 pounds from last Monday, putting me at 16 left to lose. Seeing the scale read 14.5 earlier this week, is really a double-edged sword. Although I would have liked my official weigh-in this morning to be 15 pounds (a whopping five pound loss for the week), I can't be disappointed with four pounds. And I know that the scale will be at the 15 or 14 pound marker soon, since it was already there once. Buying those small pants this weekend also helps me feel like I am doing good things. I need to take some measurements again. I always forget to do that, and I know that those numbers are just as important as scale numbers.

Tonight I will make it to Combat. We'll see if I have improved any from last week. I really started getting the hang of it the second week I went, because they were using the same songs (remember it was launch week). But last week, when they brought out all new stuff, I just felt lost the whole time. Although I burned a ton of calories, I wasn't working nearly as hard because I was standing around half the time waiting to understand what I was supposed to do. I need to work more on bouncing around on my feet at all times. I almost packed pink pants for tonight's class, but I decided against it. Pink doesn't bring out my aggression, and will make me look even more girlish.

After working eight straight days in a row, and being exhausted, and getting one day off, which I had to spend in Columbus with my family, now I am back to a regular week. Sure, I have to work 5 days this week, and yes I have to be at work at 7am on Tuesday to let the election officials in, but for the most part it is a standard week. I intend on getting to BodyPump on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday morning. I will plan on getting my cardio in on Monday evening, Wednesday morning, Saturday and Sunday. I love a standard schedule. I wish every week could be like this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! You were so negative yesterday and the Monday weigh-in was actually good. Maybe that does suggest that when you make an effort even through the celebrations you can achieve anything! I'll be thinking about you in Body Combat as I'm driving tonight. Have fun and good luck figuring out what is going on.