my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, May 29, 2008

New Goals

Today begins my Countdown to my High School Reunion. I have ten weeks. It's not that I really care what I weigh when I go to the reunion, it's just more that I want to lose these last pounds and my reunion gives me a goal point. Generally, Thursday is my lowest weight of the week. Not today though; I have 17 pounds left to lose. Therefore I am going to need to keep up the 1.5ish pound-loss every week. I honestly can't do any better than I have been doing. I can't starve myself, and I can't workout more than seven hours per week. I could stop eating out. I know that is what wrecks my food plan. But for the most part, I am going to keep on keepin' on.

This week has not been good for me. I am super-stressed. I hardly sleep at all. Summer Reading begins tomorrow. This is the busiest time of year for me. In fact, preparing for Summer Reading is way more stressful than the actual program. Once it starts, it's just two months of chaos and then it's over. This week is the time where I have to make sure everything runs smoothly and there are a bazillion things that could go wrong. So needless to say, with all this stress and lack of sleep, I haven't had a lot of time to workout. On top of all of that, my Uncle (from California) is in town visiting (for our family gathering this weekend). So any time I am not working or trying to sleep, he wants to see me. And seeing me usually involves food. Last night we went to Valentino's on my dinner break. Name two healthy things you can get at Valentino's! Yeah, didn't think so. This morning we are going to a coffee house to get brunch. We'll see if I can find something healthy.

I did make it to 6am BodyPump yesterday morning. That's the only time of day that I am free -- and in general awake thinking anyway. So that was good! I should still be able to get seven hours in this week, even though I am taking Thursday and Friday off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were just going to forget about our 6am gym trip on Wednesday, and then there it was without any recognition - as an afterthought to the rest of your blog. I just want to say go us for getting there. And, after the kickoff party your life should be a little less stressful, right???? I hope so. Keep it up.