my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Damn I'm Hot!

So far today, and it's only 7:30pm, I have received 5 compliments on how good I look. Two were from my co-workers but the other three were from customers. And I have to say, it's true! I finally made myself wear a new pair of pants I bought from the Gap a few weeks ago. I think that they are a little tight, but oh well. And I pulled out a new top that I bought last week, which is cute and springy. Not my normal jeans and t-shirt look. And because I am wearing things that fit snugly, I probably look a lot skinnier than I do when I wear drooping pants and large shirts.


So I appreciate the compliments; the boy do you look skinny, or you look really cute today. Even the you've lost a lot of weight, you must be working really hard I got from one customer was fine. It's not like I am trying to hide it, and I guess it's nice that my customers feel like we're close enough that they can make comments like that. I hope those same people are around to protect me when a bad-guy comes in, or my car needs jump-started after work. However, today a lady asked me so how many pounds have you lost? I just sort of stumbled around the question, hoping that soon she would realize that this was none of her business. Then she followed up with: what's your number? And just stared at me blankly waiting for me to reveal my personal information to her. I made up some number that I knew would make her happy and she congratulated me and went on with her library concerns. I am still in shock. You would never ask a woman how much she weighs. Is it alright to ask how much weight she lost? I work with the public and lead a pretty public life (I have compared it to Britney Spears on occasion) but this is not something that should be asked of anyone. Am I right? I should have asked her How much did you (or your dead husband) spend on that hideous diamond ring? I didn't though; I am so much hotter than her that I didn't need to stoop to her level!

I was going to name this post: Sometimes I need to have a life. I skipped the gym this morning because I was so tired (from not sleeping well the night before) and I was sore (from that really tough BP session yesterday) and because I had a good book I wanted to read. I told myself that I would make it there after work (at 9pm) but now I don't think I want to. First, I would have to go home, because my fabulous outfit today didn't allow for quick changing in the locker room. Second, I really need groceries and I need to do laundry. Working out seven hours a week, and working 40 hours really takes up about all of my time. Most days I don't get home until 8:00. That's not how I am going to want to spend my summer evenings. I need to develop a habit of going to the gym in the morning -- at least twice a week. I am going to start on Friday with 6am BodyPump (it's the only other one I can get to this week). And I am not even going home afterward to take a nap. Instead I am going to go give a talk to 400 middle school kids. Talk about a thrilling morning. I'm up for the challenge -- that's just the kind of hot gal I am!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn you ARE hot! Don't they say a camera adds 10 pounds??? Thyat means you look even better in real life. You should post a before picture also, so in case we've forgotten how you looked we can all be reminded. It's great to see you so positive today, even though your patrons annoyed you with interrogations at work. I do think anything about weight is a personal question and I would never ask someone how much they lost. I might tell them they looked really good or that I noticed they had lost weight, but I would stop there assuming that if they wanted to give details they could. Regardless, you should be proud of your progress and definitely take the compliments as a positive, even if people are tactless about it.

Anonymous said...

It's Amy again! I'm not in the habit of commenting, but that picture deserves a whoo hoo!