my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, May 19, 2008

2 weeks till Summer

Crap, crap, crap! That's what I ate this weekend. And it showed up this morning. I gained two pounds this week. So I am back to 18 pounds to lose. It's gonna be hard to cram that into the next two weeks! Obviously, I was celebrating Jennifer's birthday and that's what did me in. Saturday evening I drank at least 1000 calories. That's almost an entire extra day. It's really hard for me to believe that I used to do this once a week. No wonder I ended up with so much weight to lose. Sometimes after I have a gain-ing week, I have a large loss the next week. I can only hope that will be true for this week.

Tonight I made it to my fifth Combat class. We had a substitute teacher. Some chick named Heather, who was hard-core with intense energy. Brandy joined Erin and I for the madness. It was great. I burn soooo many calories. I think that I am either a) finally getting better or b) getting used to looking like a fool and not caring about it so much or c) more confident when Ryan isn't teaching. I like to think that A is the right answer. Beginning June 1st my evening work schedule will change. I will no longer be able to work Wednesday evenings, which means that I had to choose between working Thursday night (and miss my 2nd pump of the week) or Monday night (and miss my combat class). I am more and more happy that I chose to work Thursday nights. I will have to do some re-arranging if I want to get three pumps in. Or I might try to work with the weight machines once a week.

Yesterday I took measurements of my calves and my waist. Beginning today I am going to spend five minutes each day working on calf-raises and the hover. I want to improve my hover ability, and the look of my calves. We'll see if five minutes everyday makes a difference a month from now. It's super-easy to get the calf raises in while you're brushing your teeth twice a day. It's a little difficult to brush and hover though. I also want to work on some running goals again. Yesterday I ran two miles with my mom's dog. I run so slowly, that she just has to trot along. But for 3 blocks I made us sprint; even she was exhausted when we got home!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Just so you know, there's no way you could ever look like a bigger fool in combat than the girl who was in front of me yesterday. Total train wreck.