my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Bad Choices

For the last three days I have eaten poorly. It all starts out well: I have a great breakfast and an excellent lunch. But then I make some sort of dinner plans, and all goes to hell. I have eaten way too many calories Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I am worried about tomorrow as well, seeing as I will have lunch with my mom and then I am going to a work Pizza-Party in the evening. This won't make for a good weigh-in on Monday. I am getting nervous. And then I get so mad at myself for basing everything on the number on the scale. But, that's what I am working on... so why waste all those hours at the gym by making some poor choices at dinner time. Or why can't I just stop eating and take half of it home?

Thanks to my co-worker, Stephanie, I was able to go to work an hour late this morning. This gave me the opportunity to make it to my third BodyPump of the week. Finally, we are done with the new launch songs. Today was a nice mix. The bicep track was very tough. I thought my new higher weight was getting easier, but turns out I was just getting used to that song. I went easy on squats today because a) I had to go straight to work and didn't want to do any sweating, b) my legs have been sore from running and all the other working out I have been doing this week, and c) once in a while it's nice to have an easy track. I finished all seven hours and can take tomorrow off. I am looking forward to having a day of rest; my body is very tired. It might be all the working out I am doing, or all the work (like at my job) that I have been doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

way to go on the working out this week! you're definitely committed to the gym and even if you don't see results on the scale on monday I'm sure you'll see them very soon if you keep this up