my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

April Recap

If it's true what they say and April Showers [really do] bring May Flowers. Then May is going to be a rockin' month! I feel like I have really improved my life in April. It was only 30 days, but I made some great strides in my fitness goals. First, and most importantly, I lost 10 pounds. Remember, how my weight played some horrible April Fool joke and sky-rocketed on the first of the month. Well, it makes for a good stat! This morning I was ten pounds lower than that first day of April. This was made possible by the 28 hours of workouts I put in: 16 cardio, 12 bodypump. Speaking of weight-training, I increased the weight I use on my biceps and my shoulders. And while I wouldn't say either of them has become easier, or even bareable, I am still working on it. I attempted the Combat class twice this month, and have high hopes of making it a regular in my workout routine. And I bought all new capris for summer in a size or two lower than all my old capris! So, I can only hope that May's 31 days brings this many surprises!

I made it to Bodypump last night and stayed for 30 minutes of steep hill-walking. Then I made myself get up this morning and go workout before work (not until 9am mind you). But I have been having a really difficult time making it there in the morning and getting out of bed in general. So this was a great achievement. My legs are pretty sore from something -- perhaps going to BodyPump after taking five days off. Or from climbing a lot of stairs this morning, or just from overall exhaustion. My back is still tight from Combat, but not in a bad way. I think a massage might be a great reward for me in the future.

We've had a great April... here's to an even better May!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you would even suggest a massage after your last experience!!! Or did you just mean sit in that chair of yours? Anyway, great job in April and good luck in May - it is the best month you know, maybe that will show up in your getting fit also!

Jen said...

Way to rock the month of April! Isn't it great how when we document things we have the chance to rewind and look back at what we've achieved. I like the idea of being able to look back and remind myself of how awesome I am... Especially when I'm not feeling so awesome!