my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Yay Me

I woke up this morning not feeling very well. If dehydration has a feeling, this was it. I felt shaky and a little nauseous. Last night I ate some popcorn and drank one martini, but I don't really think those things would dehydrate me that much, seeing as I drink so much water on a daily basis. I really wanted to make it to the new launch of the BodyPump so I made myself go. By the end of the warm up I forgot all about not feeling well. I don't have a lot of opinions on the new tracks. I think it's dumb that they don't give you a break in the chest track. Is that suppose to motivate me? Be good for me? Encourage me to increase my weight? Hardly. What I hate about Launch Day is how many times the instructors mess up. We had to do like 6 extra single lunges because Marika forgot what she was doing. I am so glad I made it to pump three times this week, and so nicely spread out too. It was really nice that my schedule allowed that. I wish I had a job where I didn't have to work so many nights and weekends. It really messes with my bodypumping. I stayed after this morning for 30 minutes of speed walking on the treadmill. It makes me breathe much harder (and makes me much sweatier) than walking hills. But, according to the machine, it burns less calories. I never know what to trust.

It is a beautiful Saturday afternoon. I went and watched Elijah play soccer this afternoon and this evening I plan on playing a little tennis. I don't plan on counting it as a cardio workout because I generally don't enjoy running after the ball a lot. And we'll be playing doubles, and we're not all that good, so it's not that strenuous. I've already spent 6 hours at the gym this week though, so I just have one hour left to squeeze in tomorrow.

This weekend I will/have been in another battle with cake. Elijah's 6th birthday party is tomorrow afternoon. I am going to try to pass on the cake, even though I know that it will be a good one. And Brandy tends to be a little pushy with her cake (if you read this: please let me skip it and don't take it personally -- I will eat lots of cake at his 7th birthday!). Yesterday was someone's last day at work so people brought all kinds of food: brownies, cupcakes, and cake. I had one bite of brownie on my break, and then I went back to my desk and made a phone call rather than spend the next 14 minutes trying to talk myself out of eating anything more. Yay me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how often the instructors mess up the song on a regular basis and we just don't know about it. Launch day means they are nervous about it, so they point out their mistakes, while other times they might not even really notice the mistakes, and if they do they can probably cover them much better. Although since each instructor seems to have their favorites that they do most of the time, maybe there aren't many mistakes at all.

Here's to you for getting me to agree to try combat tonight - I'm still not sure why I did that.