my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Back in the Game

Recently I have been thinking of changing my blog (both location and name). I mean, I haven't really run in over a month and my interest in it has really faded since my running partner has left me. What good is a running blog if you never talk about running? But today I am going to get back in the game. This afternoon in the beautiful spring weather, I am going to go back outside and attempt to run again. I am not going to worry about speed; I'm not going to worry about distance. My only goal is to run and walk (briefly) for an entire hour, while I enjoy the sunshine. (Oh yeah) and to keep the intensity up.

I made it to BodyPump this morning (second time this week). I am going to attempt to go again tomorrow afternoon/evening. I am really trying to get three times in per week. I have been doing really well with my higher weights. Although I have been staying low on my squat track ever since my back went out and I caught a cold. When I use high squat weights, it really takes it all out of me, and then I am dead for the rest of the session. Tomorrow I will try to go back up on those. Today I was in the front row, right in front of the mirror, so I could actually see everything I was doing (I am blind any further back). And although it was really good for my form, I decided I hate my legs. That's part of why I want to start running again. I was much more confident with my legs last summer when I was actually running some. Now that my legs have reappeared from winter pants, I realized I hate them again.

On a side note: I made it to the gym yesterday after work (mostly alone). Jennifer was supposed to meet me there, but she only showed up for the last 20 minutes. I ate 10 crackers and a taffy off of the break room table yesterday. Where does this food come from? In order to get my seven hours of gym time in this week I need to run outside this afternoon and get to the gym tomorrow for 40 minutes of cardio and that third Bodypump. It's going to be a lot of working out this weekend, but it will be worth it. I just have to have a good weigh-in on Monday.

No comments: