my journey to becoming a runner

Friday, April 11, 2008

Help from my Friends

I ate way too many calories today. I think it was somewhere near 1800. I ate out at both meals, and although I made healthy choices, they just added up way too fast. Brandy, Elijah, Jennifer and I went to Red Lobster for dinner. I picked the healthiest, yummiest thing I could find on the menu: grilled shrimp skewers. They were only 150 calories (I checked online!). It was all the other things that I ate with it: potato, biscuits, salad dressing, oh yeah, and that super-delicious Berry-Mango-Daiquiri that Brandy talked me into (with little effort)!

Although I was super-tired all day, I made it to the gym for an hour and a half. I skipped the hour of cardio I hoped to do this morning in order to run some errands and do some shopping. Then I needed a nap in the afternoon. If I hadn't promised Erin that I would meet her at BodyPump I would have skipped it as well. But I had to pull myself from my warm, comfy bed to meet her. And although Marika was the teacher, and Erin refuses to ever take a class from her again, at least I made it. And it looks like I will get my three sessions in for the week. Then I was hoping to go home and rest a little more before dinner. But, Jennifer was waiting for me after class so I had to stay for a half an hour and do some hill walking. And Sunday, Brandy is going to ensure that I get there for BP again. Thanks to all my workout buddies. And to those of you who inspire me from afar!

2 comments:

BrandyGirl said...

I figure if I am talking you into Daquiri's and cheddar biscuits, then the least I can do is make sure we have plans for the gym together as well. :)

Anonymous said...

Considering the plans for the day, 1800 wasn't too shabby - just imagine what it would have been if you hadn't been trying to eat healthy. That's a lot of calories that aren't going to end up on your body!