my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, April 21, 2008

I Combat-ed

So I made it to BodyCombat. It was great. It helped that I took the class with Jennifer and Brandy (thanks guys!) And that I had my favorite (questionably-gay) teacher. But it really was fun. It has great music, the time just flies by and it's not nearly as complicated as the step class I tried a year ago. Sure, I felt lost several times. I don't feel like I have all the moves down. I still don't know the difference between a jab and a cross-jab. I probably didn't get the foot work down most of the time, and my high-knee running could use a lot of improvement. But I want to go back. Currently, my upper body feels really worn out, we'll see how sore I am tomorrow. This is exactly what I need: a way to get some cardio in while still toning my upper body. I was very sweaty... gross but true. This isn't the kind of workout you do and then go out to dinner. In the explanation of BodyCombat (on the schedule) they say it will improve body confidence and self-esteem. That's almost as good as improving my arms!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think what you mean is a jab and a cross, not a cross-jab. Don't worry - it'll all make sense someday. And what do you mean you can't combat and then dine? Isn't that what we did last night - sure it was only Wendy's, but we went straight there from the gym. Or was my sweaty self too unappetizing so you won't be doing that again?