my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Official Weigh-In

My weight is hardly any better today. It's probably cheating to arbitrarily move my weigh-in when I don't like what it says one day, but in truth it will just make it more difficult next Monday. Now I only have 6 days to lose weight this week. But, no matter how unscientific it is, I'm going to go with this morning's number. I was down just .5 pounds (from last Monday). So I now sit at 19.5 left to lose.

I plan on having a good eating week. I have to work six days in a row (Monday - Saturday) which is never fun. It's hard to keep going to the gym for an hour each day, when I never get a break from work. But, honestly, being busy probably keeps me from eating poorly. Well, that is until the cake comes out this afternoon. Today is somebody's going away party, and my boss is bringing by a Hy-Vee cake. I am going to pass on it. A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips. (Does anyone remember this saying?) This weekend I don't have any plans to eat out. In fact, my friend Jen is coming down from Omaha Saturday evening, and I am going to make dinner at home. Very low-cal! Although, I am sure there will some wine-drinking. My largest obstacle will be lunch on Friday. We have an all-staff training day downtown, and usually several of us go out to eat together. Generally these people are not thinking: where can I get a satisfyingly healthy lunch? Instead they think: we hardly ever get to eat downtown, where is the yummiest fattening food? Needless to say, they won't pick Subway. I'll just have to make smart choices where ever we go.

I am a tad sore from Combat. My upper back is the worse. I was really hoping to feel it in my arms, but they appear to be fine. It could be that I was not punching hard enough. Apparently, according to Jennifer, the instructor shouted out levels of punching -- ensuring that you went harder and harder. I missed that instruction; I was probably happy that I was doing the right punch in the first place. As I get more confident with my kickboxing I should be able to punch better, thus toning my arms. You know what else I failed to mention about Body Combat? I could really see it being a great aggression releaser, especially that one where you take the attacker and turn them around by the head and then continuously kick the hell out of them. I'm gonna practice that one at home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found it hard to kick the hell out of my imaginary enemy - but that's probably because I was just trying to do things somewhat right and not be completely doing the wrong thing all the time. I didn't hate it too much - even though it is a little dance-ish, or at least full body moving. Anyway, we should probably go again sometime - it's more of a full body workout than I get on the treadmill or any of the other cardio machines.

Karrie said...

She liked it, she liked it!!!

Anonymous said...

No update since Tuesday??? What is wrong with you?