my journey to becoming a runner

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Day of Rest

My biceps were sore today, but not to the extent that it kept me from doing anything. And mind you, I lift some heavy bins and boxes at my job. So I guess I will attempt this higher weight again on Thursday. We'll see if it gets just a little easier. So much matters on the song though too. Some bicep songs have no break, others are super-fast, some have 18 singles in a row, while others hardly have any. I wonder which one I made it through on Tuesday. I can't remember the song, only the pain.

Saturday is Launch Day in Lincoln. That means new versions of all the tracks come out. And then for the next two weeks that is all we do. In some ways I like this. It gives you an opportunity to learn/memorize the track. And if you're looking for improvements (as I am with my biceps) you can compare session to session because you're doing the same thing. It also has made me think that I should take the Kickboxing class. When a new launch comes out, everybody is new, and the instructors have to explain things more. It would be a great time to start. But I am scared. Who wants in?

I have worked out 5 days in a row (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday) and in those days put in 8 hours of time at the gym. So today, on the sixth day: I rest!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I heard the new squat track is 6 minutes long. I'm scared! I say go to class, even if you have to go alone. Just remember everyone feels like they look like a fool and they are so worried about how they look they aren't paying attention to you! Otherwise you'll have to wait another three or four months!