my journey to becoming a runner

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I combat, You combat, She combats

So I went back to Combat last night. It is one tough piece of work. There didn't seem to be as many drink breaks this time around. Once I had to quit in the middle of a song to go get a swig of water -- I felt like I was going to throw up. And there were a couple of times that I felt really dizzy and thought about sitting down. I think it had something to do with eating a big lunch. Since I had the day off, Jennifer and I went to a restaurant to eat, not my normal Subway sandwich. Still, it is tough. I would say I improved immensely, but I am still really bad. I jab when I should upper-cut, or cross when I am supposed to fake, and when I slice I look like I am serving wine on a tray. I am too scared to try the jump-kicks. And Erin and I both agree that we punch like a girl. We don't have enough hostility like some people in the class. But at least I'm doin' it! Again, my upper back is tight, but I wouldn't call it sore. I feel really exhausted, which is what kept me from doing more cardio all of last week. I will overcome! I really do like the class, in fact I wish that there were more I could go to during the week. I am not ready to go alone though. (Hint Hint... Brandy where were you last night?)

Tonight I will be hitting BodyPump. Erin and I are planning on staying after, probably just 30 minutes. Anyone else who wants to stay is welcome. Oh yeah, for those of you who went to High School with me: remember Ross P.? He works out at Gold's now; he joined a week ago after his boss at Sports Courts went crazy. He talked to Erin and me twice last night (once before class and once after). I assured him that we don't just stand around at the gym, which is what we were doing both times he saw us. You will all be happy: I invited him to the reunion. We agreed that it's going to be lame, but we plan on being there none the less. So look forward to seeing him at the gym and the awkward conversation that will ensue! He is pretty buff now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You didn't tell me you had an actual conversation with Ross again, I just thought he said hi. Next time I can make it to class, you'll be a total expert and I'll still be confused.

By the way, the song for Big Love is stuck in my head all the time now. I watched 2 more last night after you went home - I have a problem!