my journey to becoming a runner

Monday, April 21, 2008

6 weeks till Summer

I saw this coming: I gained a pound this week. I had a bad weekend. Not that I ate too much, or didn't work out. I just didn't have the stellar weekend necessary to ensure a great weigh-in.

I did skip my cardio workout yesterday. I started the day off trying on 34 outfits. None of them fit (which is a good thing, but very very frustrating). When I finally settled on the one pair of jeans that stay up on their own I headed off to a quick lunch with my mom at Runza, where the rest of the world ate cheese and fries and onion rings. I ate a salad. Then I hurried home to get ready for Elijah's birthday party. I spent the next two hours playing with kids in the windy afternoon sun. It was exhausting. I participated in a three-legged-race that left me bruised really badly -- I don't think I will do that again. I won't be wearing shorts for a at least a week now.

Then I spent the next two hours shopping rapidly, in a very hot mall (apparently they weren't ready with their AC when the temperatures hit 80 degrees yesterday). I absolutely needed new clothes to wear -- turns out I got 4 pair of pants and 4 shirts all for under $100. Today it is cold and rainy and I am back in my sweatshirts and jeans. Ideally, I hope to be at my goal weight (and final size) in June, when my stimulus money comes in. If George Bush wants to buy me all new clothes, I will let him.

But I worked out enough this week. I am really sore from BodyPump, in odd places that usually aren't sore. In a place on my shoulder I didn't even realize was sore until Logan bumped it when he was crawling on me. And this morning, my sides hurt, either from tennis, or from all that oblique hovering in the new abs track. Added to that: tennis on Saturday lasted at least an hour, and actually was a pretty good workout. All adding up to : 7 hours of workout time. So I decided that I was allowed to sit around Jennifer's house all evening watching TV. And I decided that I was allowed to eat chips and salsa, even though I try to limit my salt intake on Sundays, because I don't need any more reasons for my weight to be high on Monday mornings! Well, my theory must be right, because my weight was up. But, I am going to also allow myself to move my weigh in to Tuesday this week. I deserve that too!

Tonight I am going to make myself go to BodyCombat. I am really excited and really scared. It's not that I am scared to look like a fool. It's more that I don't like to do things that remind me of junior high PE class. But I think that I have talked a few people into being there. And most things are easier with a few friends. After that, I am going to my mom's house where she is going to show me/help me/hopefully do it for me: alter my old clothes so they fit again. I have a few skirts that should be really easy, but pants might be a little more difficult. She says she can even do jeans. We'll see. After tonight, I might have a whole new wardrobe!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Did you go to Combat tonight? I hope you did! You'll have to let me know how it went and if you're sore from it.... I am still sore! Can't wait to see you guys Saturday!