my journey to becoming a runner

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Desperate Measures

Well it's finally sunny out today and that seems to have given me no more energy. So I don't know if this exhaustion is just mild depression, or a lack of something in my diet, or an actual lack of sleep. Who knows, maybe I need 10 hours of sleep per night now. I went tanning, which makes me happy -- to actually be warm again, even for 6 minutes, is like paradise. I also managed to eat a nice healthy lunch with my mom today at LoneStar. And I plan on staying low in calories the rest of the afternoon/evening in order to ensure success with the scale tomorrow morning.

I made it to my third BodyPump of the week this afternoon. Brandy was so nice to meet me there. I have really started to see the benefits of taking classes with a variety of instructors. They all have something to offer, advice to give, new things to think about, motivational thoughts. I attempted my higher squat weight again. I haven't tried it since my back went out a few weeks ago. It's time to work on them again. It's not that it hurts my legs to squat that much, it's hardest on my lungs; it's a difficult cardio workout. I was able to make it through every track without taking a break (well I might have skipped one shoulder press!). I think that means I need to raise something on Tuesday. I suppose I should start working on building up my biceps, but they're pretty stubborn. I will give it another try next time.

I got to the gym 30 minutes early so I could cram in a little cardio. I plan on going back this evening at 8:00 to get my final hour of cardio done for the week. Tonight marks the return of Desperate Housewives. There is nothing that makes an hour of cardio fly by like the drama of a silly television show!

UPDATE: Well I made it. I tried to run during the show and walk the commercials. It was much tougher than it sounds. I wasn't able to make it until the commercial each time, but it gave me a goal. I accomplished a little over 4 miles in the 60 minutes, and sweated a lot. I stayed under my 1200 calories for the day and even got to enjoy half of a chocolate rabbit I had left from Easter. I will save the other half for another day with extra calories.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm planning on going with more weight for the majority of the muscle groups on Tuesday, so we can have a big weight party at body pump! I think I've been a slacker and it's time to get buff.

Karrie said...

Does that mean you'll be meeting me for cardio later?

Anonymous said...

wow, I find it difficult to run the commercials and walk the show. great job doing the reverse!

Jen said...

My weekend was cold but good. Yours? It's a really busy time at work, so it's hard to get much weekend time off. If there is a specific time we plan to hang out (we'd have to plan a week in advance) I could ask it off. Too bad gas costs so much! I hate money. Good luck with your workouts this week!