my journey to becoming a runner

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Turkey Burgers

I started my day off by sleeping in until 9:30! Then I managed to make it to they gym. I had told Brandy I would meet her there, even though she didn't know if she would be able to stay after Bodypump (because Elijah may or may not have had a soccer game -- he didn't). Even though I made it there, I had absolutely no energy. I ran one mile in about 11 minutes and then I was exhausted. I had to go sit down in the locker room. Then I made myself go back out, but I let myself bike for the last 30 minutes. I don't know why I don't have any energy lately. I can't just keep blaming the weather, but maybe that's it. We'll see if I get any back once it gets sunny again.

I ate out again at both meals. I had planned on having a boring evening at home which would have included cleaning my bathroom and eating half of a subway sandwich I had left over. But, at the last moment, I got invited to Old Chicago for dinner. I am not familiar with the menu there, and wasn't sure what I could order that wouldn't max out my calories for the day. I decided on the turkey burger. This is generally a good choice, although I have read the turkey burger at Ruby Tuesday's is like 1000 calories. When I got home and was able to look up the calories online, I saw that Old Chicago's version was only 485, so I managed to stay below my 1200 limit for the day.

My super-low weight that I had maintained all week, spiked up this morning. (What do I expect when I allow myself 1800 calories yesterday, and then only managed to ride a bike today?) Hopefully, if I can keep it healthy tomorrow, I can get back to a low weigh-in Monday morning. I spent this afternoon shopping. There is no greater motivator than putting on pants and having them be way too big. I didn't buy too much, because I can't justify spending $70 on jeans when they might only fit for a few weeks. But as soon as I am at my goal, I am driving right over to the Gap and buying that great pair I tried on today!

3 comments:

BrandyGirl said...

New jeans are always fun. I know you can do it!

Anonymous said...

you didn't mention your workout at the bowling alley....I'm sure swinging a 9 lb ball around burned more calories that watching a movie or something like that.

Karrie said...

That and trying on clothes -- that was a workout, think how many times I changed! And each time I have to suck in my gut, that's like a crunch!