my journey to becoming a runner

Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Fitness Miracle

Instead of actually working out this morning, I had a wonderful idea. What if I looked on the Internet, namely YouTube, to see if I could find a video of BodyCombat. It took a lot of research skills; many clips were just advertising the class at gyms. But then somehow, like a fitness miracle, I came upon it. It is the entire #36 launch (the latest one) in ten parts. It made me so happy to think that I could do combat at home. Of course then it was time for me to go to work so I didn't try it out. I put Erin to work trying to figure out how to download/copy the video and put them onto a DVD. Unfortunately, I had a bad food day, and it's all because of my job. Tonight was the Teen Wrap Party at Chipotle. So of course, I had to eat there. It's like a job requirement; and sometimes they give me free food. I had the chicken soft tacos but made myself skip the cheese and sour cream and guacamole. Then, as soon as I was off of work, to celebrate the end of Summer Reading (which believe me is a reason to celebrate!) Susan (the Eiseley Teen Librarian) and I went to Coldstone for ice cream. I sampled the new low-calorie yogurt they offer, but it was really gross, so I got the high-calorie yummy stuff instead. So even though I didn't plan on working out tonight, I just had to burn off some calories. I came home and tried the new online Combat class. It is the next best thing to actually being in class. The five instructors are great. They do a good job of telling you what to look for and work on. The video is good enough quality that I knew exactly what was going on most of the time. Sometimes I was confused if we were doing left or right, but honestly what does it matter? I sweated just as much as I do in class; it probably didn't help that my house was at 84 degrees. I burned just as many calories and had just as much fun. I sort of missed the mirrors, but in a way, not seeing myself might be better. I am just so excited! I have been so frustrated lately that I could only Combat once a week. Now I can do it whenever I want! Unfortunately I did it from 10-11 at night and now I am wide awake. This might be a great thing to do in the morning to start my day. If anyone has a big basement or living room area: lets start our own Combat group!!! This is going to change my life.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Funny how we both went to Coldstone on the same day. It must have just been the perfect day for ice cream. I didn't even consider the low fat option. I went straight for Cheesecake with cherries as a mix in (the high sugar, not good for you cherries). Yummy.

Anonymous said...

Do you know how many calories are in coldstone ice cream. I mean, you may not want to know, so stop reading... but when I looked it up last night after I got home, it was around 800 calories for the medium size with one candy bar mix-in. 800 calories! That entire hour of combat used up for 15 minutes of heaven!